The Malaysian Centre for Constitutionalism and Human Rights (MCCHR) a.k.a Pusat Rakyat
LoyarBurok is a community-based organisation based in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.
Established in March 2011, its mission is to promote and protect human rights in Malaysia
in accordance with established international human rights principles, treaties and law.
The MCCHR carries out a number of projects. Under its strategic litigation component, it
has filed a number of test cases/appeals against court decisions to effect public interest
policies and legal changes in the areas of gender equality, freedom of expression, freedom
of religion and preventive detention laws. It has also implemented a first-of-its-kind
voter/citizen education project called UndiMsia! (undimsia.com). In addition, it runs a
popular blog (loyarburok.com) to encourage and promote free flow of information on
various human rights issues.
The MCCHR is looking for an Accounts and Administrative Officer to assist the MCCHR in
carrying out its activities.
Job Title : Accounts & Administrative Officer (AAO)
Start date : 1 December 2018
Duration : 1 year with the possibility of extension
Employment type : Full-time
Duty station : Pusat Rakyat LoyarBurok, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
Supervisor : Chief Executive Officer
Gross salary : Monthly Salary: RM2,400 – RM3,200 depending on
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 31 OCTOBER 2018
Objectives: Provide support and assistance in various aspects of administrative and
financial management of MCCHR’s projects.
Responsibilities: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer
(CEO), the Accounts and Administrative Officer performs the following responsibilities:
– Provides day-to-day administrative support to the MCCHR in all areas of
work, including but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing, and
– Make travel and logistics arrangement for staff, volunteers and visiting
The Malaysian Centre for Constitutionalism and Human Rights
– Organise and coordinate administrative arrangements for meetings,
conferences and workshops.
– Prepare meeting agenda and take minutes of meetings.
– Perform other related duties as required.
– Handling of account payables and account receivables and ensure
compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing
instruments/authority (i.e. grants agreements, governmental bodies,
– Prepare monthly bookkeeping data entry and ensuring receipts and
invoices are filed to back up the expenses.
– Maintain a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements to meet
administrative and project expenditures by establishing quarterly cash
requirements for the office, and request timely replenishments.
– Handling of office petty cash and to maintain accurate records of these.
– Assist the CEO in financial reporting to donors and external auditors.
– Assist the CEO in managing finances for projects and office
– Provide assistance, and support staff in budgeting, tracking and
following-up on expenditures and availability of funds.
– Ensure the efficient and timely maintenance and filing of financial
records of the MCCHR and the Company.
– Assist in preparing estimate budget and financial reports to donors,
auditors, and other regulatory bodies, as the case may be.
– Assist in preparing for any tax submission.
Human resource management
– Prepare and print out payroll, and process claims of
– Prepare EPF, SOCSO, EIS and PCB forms and process payments of staff
and employer’s contributions accordingly.
– Managing the cheat sheet for salary, benefits and rent.
– Prepare and process payments for staff medical insurance and office
– Brief new staff members, consultants and interns on administrative,
finance and procurement matters.
– Review and update the staff handbook as and when needed, and/or
when instructed by the CEO or board of directors.
– Arrange for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
– Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
– Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured
for the project;
– Maintain an equipment inventory including verification and transfer
Corporate governance, with the CEO
– Coordinate replies to finance-related matters with the appropriate
persons in charge (i.e. governmental bodies, authorities, auditor, tax
agent, and/or accountant) and maintaining proper records of these
– Coordinate replies to secretarial matters with the company secretary
and maintaining proper records of these correspondences.
– Suggest improvements on accounting for our non-profit funded activities
to become more transparent, and clearly presented in the company’s
– Good records management skills.
– Good knowledge about book-keeping.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, MYOB or any other accounting software.
– Good organisational and planning skills.
– Good communications (spoken and written) skills.
– Demonstrates an, outcome-oriented attitude and effective problem-solving skills.
– Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and at the
same time is willing to work as a team.
– Demonstrates commitment to the MCCHR’s mission, vision and values.
– Displays cultural, gender, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disabilities
sensitivity and adaptability.
– Shares knowledge and experience.
– Ability to travel to locations in Malaysia.
– Displays high ethical standards of honesty, transparency and accountability
– Professional Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, or Professional Degree in
Finance/Accountancy/Corporate Administration or equivalent.
– At least one year of experience in administrative work is required.
– Good knowledge of basic accounting is desirable.
– Fluency in both oral and written Bahasa Melayu and English is essential.
Knowledge of a third language is advantageous.
You are kindly requested to submit a cover letter and curriculum
vitae to [email protected] by 31 October 2018. Please indicate the title of
the post in your cover letter and email subject line.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned position
will be called for an interview.